Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's finally here.

I can't stop, won't stop...

It is a beautiful day, and the New Moon DVD/Bluray was released and whatnot today. Technically last night at midnight. And to answer your first question, no, I did not attend a midnight release party. I came after it was over and the line was gone, aka approx. 12:25 a.m. Good times.

Then I watched some of the bonus features until approx. 3 a.m. More good times.

Then I woke up this morning, ate breakfast, fed the kitties, and watched the movie at approx. 11 a.m. Extraordinary times.

More to come, because I have yet to watch the extras on Mom's version. We coordinated; I purchased the Borders copy, she's getting the Target 3-disc version, and I looked up the leaked videos for the Walmart bonus bits. aka we win. It has been a lovely day.

But it has also been a wasted day, because I haven't really done anything. I didn't get any writing done (not for work, for fun, if I can recall how to do that), and I didn't manage to clean the shower... once again. I also didn't realized that the animal hospital place was going to close at noon today, so the poop baggies I bothered to collect for each kitty for their next fecal exam follow-up were useless.

Also, on the horizon is a very busy month for me. I have decided (against my better judgement) to join the NaNoWriMo sister movement, aka NaNoWriMo Script Frenzy. (National Novel Writing Month was back in November and that was epic.) I wrote about 75 pages of a novel. For the script frenzy, there is no word count minimum, simply page count... since screenplays and what-have-you typically measure a play/film's length by the number of pages. The minimum for this contest is 100 pages, but dialogue takes up a lot of pages. Still, it's an average of 3.5 pages a day. I can do this guys. I can totally do this. And yes I'm crazy, because yes I have a lot going on. But that will not stop me! I shall win! That starts in April.

Oh! Oh! Oh!!!!!!!111oneone. I also signed up for a gym membership--go me! It's about time right? Funny that now that it's warm outside, I finally got around to doing what I should have done this winter. Oh, well. Better late than never, they say! I ended up picking 1on1 athletic club on Boardwalk because they have all their classes included in the membership, and they have drop-in volleyball and stuff. Since I hate working out on machines, I figured the class route is best. So I have about five classes picked out that I'll rotate throughout the week. I'm aiming for classes on Wednesdays and Thursdays as well as Saturdays and Sundays. Also my good friend Alex Ball is a member there, which I discovered when I saw him attacking a punching bag while being given a tour. Because I'm a good friend, I wrote him down as a referral and he now owes me a drink for the $10 I earned him.

And now... your moment of amazingness.

1 comment:

  1. yay for the writing thing!!! I'm glad you're doing that, and excited that it's a screen play:) Also of note, way to go on the gym membership, you got me hooked and I think I may join. I'm filling out a pre-application!

    ReplyDelete