Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hoverball cat.

At first, there was one......

..... and then, there were three.

My Savannah cat started teething, so she started grinding her teeth yesterday. I woke up in a panic because I thought I heard her choking in the next room. But no. It's just annoying grinding. How did I make it go away? I figured out that she didn't do it when she was playing/sleeping/eating/watching Rhea do bad things. So I play with her until she can no longer stand, then I put her on top of a heating pad so that she'll sleep for 10 hours. It seems to be working. She's the cutest thing in the world. Also, I'm going to post pictures of the kitties soon. They deserve the recognition. After all, I AM their owner... and I'm a pretty big deal.

Also, New Moon DVD comes out at midnight tomorrow. I might celebrate by going to a Borders midnight release party. And then I might hide that I'm celebrating by pretending to be working for the paper while I'm there. It might go something like this:

Jana: Hi, 12-year-old girl. Isn't it past your bedtime?

Girl: No, I'm practically an adult, just like Bella.

Jana: Bella isn't an adult. She is a selfish teen that makes selfish choices that (were they real) would probably get you killed in real life.

Girl: She is my idol.

Jana: She is a masochist.

Girl: Oh yeah? Well if you hate her so much, why are you here?

Jana: Because I'm older and I understand the deeper meaning... things your 12-year-old brain can't comprehend. It's science.

Girl: ... and why are you here alone? How sad is that?

Jana: I'm here alone because I'm working.... for a newspaper... as an editor.... in chief... of things... that are chiefly.

Girl: Why would the paper cover this?

Jana: So that YOUR MOM can paste a picture of her CHILD on her FRIDGE at home... because that's how you treat children.

Girl: Is that a reserved DVD in your hand?

Jana: No.

Girl: Yes it is.

Jana: No it isn't.

Girl: .....

Jana: ....

Girl: Yes it is. I can see the cover through the plastic.

Jana: It's for research. In-depth research... so that I can better understand how your little mind works.

Girl: You're here alone and you're using work as a cover aren't you?

Jana: Yes, but my boobs are bigger than yours.

Girl: What does that matter?

Jana: It makes me cooler than you.

Girl: Well, that's true.

*Jana high fives girl*

fin.

1 comment: