Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Saving Stephen Baldwin from himself: Fail

Oh man. I love celebrities sometimes. I really do. It's like... I try really hard to WRITE stuff that's as funny as this. But they do it for REALZ.

So... remember Stephen Baldwin? He's one of the Baldwin brothers whose name is NOT Alex. Yeah, the one on the right. He's the one from that show, The Mole, that was briefly cool in the first decade of the 2000's.

Well anyway, he did a stint in celebrity rehab and then became a Born Again Christian. I'm not sure which came first in this instance... the chicken or the egg.

But basically he is bankrupt and some people have creating a website that is COLLECTING DONATIONS TO SAVE HIM. I'm not making this up. Check it out on www.restorestephenbaldwin.org. I know, creative website url, right?

I guess the idea they're pitching is that, since he is a religious man now, we should all pitch in to keep him cool in Hollywood... then he can influence the Perez Hiltons of the world to be, I dunno, religious too and stuff. Maybe then they'll stop wading through their LA purgatories. They assure me that there is no other way to restore him, because money is all that matters in Hollywood, and he'll only be cool if we all pitch in to make him rich.

I dunno, I think it might be a tad more than that. Sort of like old money versus new money. I'm pretty sure agents are going to know he didn't earn that money by being a box office leading man. But on the other hand, if he succeeds it does breed a new realm of blogging platform power. I mean we're talking Obama campaign stuff here, if he can actually pull it off.

Oh Stephen. If only you could have the same comeback your brother is having...

Posted via email from Pass Fail Meter

No comments:

Post a Comment