Friday, April 23, 2010

Help! Help!

Ok kids...

remember back a few weeks when I gasped about how overworked I was when it came to blogging and that I was about to add another to my plate? Well that time has come.

Since I felt like everyone else was crap at it, I volunteered to write an entertainment blog for the SE Michigan News Herald website, www.thenewsherald.com, and Heritage Newspapers website, www.heritage.com. I'm about to get that set up.

Now the most troubling dilemma of all time. What should I name it??

I asked one of my witty and amusing friends, Mr. Alex Ball, to help me come up with some ideas. Here's the list we assembled. Some of them are good. Some of them are terrible. All of them are possibilities.

Before you pick a favorite, the blog is basically a forum for me to add funny, serious or blah things about movies, books and music. Basically, it's a place for me to get snarky about entertainment. Which is basically what I do already in most cases.

Let me know what you think is best....

THE LIST!
Bibliodiscography
T-u-r-t-l-e POWER
Real Horrorshow
Vulture Pickings (not actually an option)
Playing in the kiddie pool
A dime's 2 cents (in the running for the top spot)
Elven pen of reviewery +3 (absolutely going to be at least integrated into the blog as a once-a-week gimmick)
The Mill
Peerless Reviews
Filmographic Racket for Saline's high income tax bracket
Heil Entertainment: Nazis suck. Movies sometimes don't. (in the running for top spot)
More like Gay York Times Entertainment section
Papyrus to open your eyelids
Roll credits

I think I like "dime's 2 cents" the most for its cleverness, but it isn't immediately obvious what the blog is about from that title, so maybe that's better as a once-a-week gimmick as well... like a review every week that I call "A Dime's 2 cents." Whereas with Heil Entertainment, people know it's entertainment but it still has a phrase to set the tone. I'm leaning towards this one.

P.S.
It was very sweet of Alex to call me a dime... aka (for the slow learners) you know how you rate a girl from 1-10? A 10 = a dime? Yeah, awww. There we go.

1 comment:

  1. yea I like the heil entertainment one, very sassy. so hip right now

    ReplyDelete