Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ah yes. The Pivet questionnaire...

Since starting my sort of new job at the Manchester Enterprise... it has become necessary for me to write one of those "intro to me" columns. You know, to make the village feel all warm and fuzzy about my being there... and to generally assure them that I'm not a loony.

So how better to introduce myself than with a good old-fashioned Pivet questionnaire... perhaps better known as the awesome 10 survey questions dished out by James Lipton on Inside the Actors' Studio. Epic interview. Not AS epic as the Proust Interview... but same general idea. I'll follow up with Marcel Proust's version at a later date.

But for now, here are the questions and my answers. I get to actually answer the swearing question honestly online. I can't do it in print. I don't swear in print. Mom doesn't know.

1. What is your favorite word?
Vivacious. It sounds sexy, and the letter "v" is the most underrated of the English alphabet.

2. What is your least favorite word?
Whatever. Anyone who says that word instantly infuriates me. Even the most blase people must be required to do better than that. Coming in at a close second is the word "no."

3. What turns you on?
A huge coffee on a rainy day and Van Morrison's voice

4. What turns you off?
A bully.

5. What is your favorite curse word? (hurray!)
Bastard

6. What sound or noise do you love?
Laughter, and rain on a roof.

7. What sound or noise do you hate?
A ringing cell phone.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Film director

9. What profession would you not like to attempt?
Astronaut.

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
"Van Morrison saved you a seat."

No comments:

Post a Comment