Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Not sleeping sort of catches up to you.

That's something I've learned over the past few days. I've been going hard for some time now, staying really busy with work, and it isn't doing my health any favors. I'm doing a better job of hydrating though and eating well. Now the trick will be to get more exercise and more sleep. Then I'll be solid and re-energized just in time for summer.

I never seem to have enough time for everything, though. I have all these movies sitting on my floor that I've either rented or purchased that need to be viewed, and I have eighty thousand books on the floor waiting to be read. On top of that, I have a lot going on with work and feel like I could better organize my time in order to improve myself and the experience I give others. In short, it would be nice if working 24/7 and reading/watching movies 24/7 did not detract from my mood or health. But it does.

But one day at a time. Tonight's plan is to relax, read my book, watch a movie, and watch the season finale performance show for American Idol tonight. I think I want Adam to win, but I'm just as likely to buy an album from Kris... so who knows. I caught a break today because I didn't have to drive to Pontiac, so I actually had a spare afternoon to watch some baseball and take down some stats. It felt really nice to be able to do that and get back to the fun part of the job. I haven't been able to physically attend as many games this spring as I did in the fall and winter because my job responsibilities have grown. And while I'd like to be able to attend more games, I don't want to attend them by working over 50 hours a week. So something had to give. Maybe I'll write up some coverage from the game tonight and post it online on the paper's website tomorrow morning.

Also started gathering together my favorite clippings today for submission in the Michigan Press Association competition. I'm submitting things for sports coverage, sports column, sports section, sports photograph, and MPA Rookie of the Year. Hopefully I have a chance at a few of those things. Probably not, but one can hope.

ALSOOOOOOO. For all those out there nerdy like me... the New Moon poster was released today in newspapers and online. And snippets from the movie will be shown at this year's MTV Movie Awards at the end of the month, hosted by Andy Samburg. Check it out. It comes to theatres in November, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment