Saturday, May 16, 2009

Not so beautiful to most, but I'm not most...

Today it's quite rainy and overcast here in Michigan, which is frankly just something you have to get used to when living here. I for one have always enjoyed the rain. Either because it makes me more productive and usually results in me writing a lot and drinking tea (when combined, the ultimate activity) for the remainder of the day. But it also creates my favorite smell of all, ozone. I love that smell. So my plan is to get some exercise and document my neighborhood in the coming hours.

Also, I'm pretty stoked about a recent DVD purchase I made. I bought season 1 and 2 of the XMen comic cartoons. I get 33 episodes of Wolverine, Beast, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Gray, and, eventually, the Phoenix. I'm freaking stoked. I used to watch this show every day after school... that and Aladdin the show on Disney Channel. Good times.

Other DVD purchases I recently made which have resulted in me banning myself from any electronic-related store include: the Underworld trilogy (even though I already had the first one... but they came in a combined set), Corpse Bride (I love me some Tim Burton), Once, Pan's Labyrinth, and the Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

I also have a large group of books piled up next to my bed. I don't know why I keep them there. I have a bookshelf downstairs, which actually happens to be sort of full... but could easily be rearranged to include some books from my bedroom. But for some reason I like my little (not little) pile of books by my bed. Some of them I've actually finished, but they're my favorites so I keep them close. But there are 27 books total stacked next to my bedside. I read a book a week, or two weeks if it isn't particularly gripping for me. I just like the look of a mound of books. It gets me going in the morning. (That's what she said?) Anyway, the reason I brought this up is that I'm also not allowed into Borders anymore for a long time. Because I obviously don't need to add to the growing pile, no matter how fast I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment