Sunday, September 27, 2009

mental anguish and busy-ness

So life has been hectic lately. Some personal troubles here and there, and then work has gotten busier with fall. Plus I just moved in, and I don't know why but I feel like my home life is busier living with Christopher. I don't know maybe it's the cooking and stuff. I definitely cook way more now that I have someone I can feed. Living with Rachel it was easy to skimp if I was feeding just me. But I want Chris and I to both eat healthy, and I love cooking, so I've been grocery shopping for specific meals to cook every few days. We're eating excellent, but I may have to organize this into once a week shopping excursions instead of twice-weekly sessions.

Also I feel like work is busier than it was last fall. Oh, wait, because it is. Now I'm writing more feature things for more papers, and I paginate everyone's shiz. That makes for less time to actually go see games, which I don't like, but if I'm going to have a life of my own that's the way it has to be.

Unfortunately life of my own hasn't included anything of consequence as of late other than trying to hold it together, attempting to find time to read and scrapbook and read magazines and do, more, more MOAR! It never works out, obviously, and I have "projects" that are sitting around incomplete.

But at least I'm remembering to pay bills on time. That's the crucial thing, right? And earlier this week I finally paid off the last of my utility bills from the old place AND somehow managed to earn a security deposit return. I really didn't see that coming... not that we killed the place, but the deposit was only $150 and I figured, oh, well that's a throwaway. So yay for me.

I'm also getting pretty revved up for October and Halloween mania. Plus a Halloween USA just opened near Best Buy and Meijer's and I plan to hit that up soon, perhaps. Pottery Barn would be way too expensive and their holiday stuff isn't even that great. I might have to check out Home Goods and Target too. It's going to be a freaking nightmare in here, literally but cuter. I already bought a fall wreath from CVS for cheap, but I can't find the over the door hanger thing. I used it at the old apartment for the Christmas wreath, but after moving OF COURSE I don't know where it ended up. And between my parents cars, Jon's car, my car, the Uhaul and chris's car... there's really no way of knowing if it's even actually IN THE APARTMENT of course. I'm about ready to fold and just buy a new one, but I'm really really trying to be frugal atm.

On two very distinct but noticeably happier notes, A) Rachel officially bought the New Moon midnight showing movie tickets for Nov. 20 in Florida, and B) I won some writing awards. To the movie thing, I'm freaking stoked to both see Rachel and to get buck in that movie theatre. We're going to make wolf pack t-shirts and we're going to have our own special names. I haven't decided what mine is going to be yet, but I'm going to be working that over for the next few weeks. To the writing awards, I can't say anything officially yet, but just know that I'm sweet... officially. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment