Monday, February 13, 2012

Table Art: Fail, Desktop Dogs: Pass

Morning!

I woke up an hour early so I could get a cappuccino and do some writing before work.  While sipping and doing just that, I made a table tagging discovery. I was strangely tickled by this case of defacing private property.  My table had this written on it:
[[posterous-content:pid___0]]In case the picture isn't clear, someone scratched "FART" into the table.

My first reaction was "this is childish and dumb," but then I started picturing the type of person who would take the time to scrawl such a thing into a Starbucks table. I pictured them giggling while they carved the wood, super impressed with their edgy and amusing commentary. Maybe they used the 80s switchblade they bought after seeing The Outsiders at the Michigan Theater. Maybe they were eight years old and mom didn't care if they wrote on the table so long as they shutup and let her write her dissertation. I can only guess.

I also wondered if anyone watched from another table, left to speculate at the contents of the message being carved. Perhaps they imagined something worse; after all, it could have been another four-letter f-word.

Right below the "FART" message was this response:
[[posterous-content:pid___1]]That reads "YOU PIG."

If I was the type to carve on desks, which I'm not, I might have changed "FART" to say "I FARTED," so the reader would be left to wonder how long ago this gross message (and fart) was made. The message's original intentions would still be satisfied, plus the "you pig" response would still apply. Everyone loves fart humor.

Everyone also loves put humor. So, happy Monday, and enjoy the following picture from Lolcats. It is now my desktop background and it makes me giggle every time.

[[posterous-content:pid___2]]Get the ball, Get the Balll, GET THE BALLL!!!

Posted via email from Pass Fail Meter

No comments:

Post a Comment