Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pass/Fail yet to be decided: U of M football program

Greetings! I know it's been a while, and I know that I almost never post about sports on this particular journal/blog/rant/website, but I was once a sports writer and football does matter to me. I hail from the maize and blue. I have been attending Wolverine match-ups since I was a toddler. Thus today will shed light on whether or not I will enjoy or abhor my Saturdays for the remainder of the fall.

People have been saying a lot of things about today's season opener against Connecticut. I'll summarize a few of them:
1. Tate will start at QB
2. Denard will start at QB
3. Connecticut will win and it will be worse than it was against Appalachian State
4. Michigan will win by 3
5. It will be a high-point game
6. Rich Rod will choke on a slice of Domino's pizza during halftime

It is my belief that Denard will start. My little birdie sources say that Tate is mending an injury and is not ready, and that Denard will take the first snap. Frankly, as far as I'm concerned that is fine with me. Tate has XP, but he's an arrogant toddler. He finished the season much worse than he started it, so I'm perfectly fine with a fresh start so long as Denard has improved his pocket presence in practice.

It is also my belief (because it must be!) that Michigan will win by 10 points, but I do believe it will be a high-scoring game. Don't get unnerved when Connecticut scores a ton of points, because our defense this year is young and lacking. It is also my belief, should we lose this game, the chances of rumor #6 or a version close to it increase exponentially.

Please win, please win, please win.

Posted via email from Pass Fail Meter

No comments:

Post a Comment